"Lady" written by Lionel Richie & performed by Kenny Rogers

 

"Lady" written by Lionel Richie, performed by Kenny Rogers

 The song I chose for this blog was "Lady" written by Lionel Richie and performed by Kenny Rogers. I have always loved listening to this song when it comes on the radio. I think it is such a beautiful and well-written song. To me, this song is about finally finding your true love and wanting to spend the rest of your life with them. I believe that Kenny Rogers did a really fantastic job singing this song and Lionel Richie also did a great job in writing this song. It does not surprise me that Lionel Richie composed this song as he is also a wonderful artist and his lyrics go well with the melody. While I was researching this song, I read that Kenny Rogers had wanted Lionel Richie to write him a song for an album. While they were talking, Kenny Rogers was telling Lionel Richie about his wife, Marianne whom he had just married, and was saying how she was such a "lady". That was the idea behind the song. This song has both a riff and a hook. A riff is a repeated melodic idea and a hook is a musical phrase that is particularly catchy or memorable. The target audience of this song are the people that have found their significant other and feel they will be with each other forever. It is a shame that Kenny Rogers passed away; as he had a very special, soothing voice and was a marvelous entertainer. 

Comments

  1. I agree with you that you really can tell that Lionel Richie wrote this song, he has such a distinct style even in his own music, and I really like him too. Part of me kind of wishes it was him singing this song instead of Kenny Rogers, I feel like maybe I might like it better, not to say that I don't already like it. I think the drums in the chorus of this song is so typical for this time too, with the strings in the back. I can't say this is my favorite kind of music, but it definitely is very contemporary for it's time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment